30 Blogs About Child Safety to Follow
September 3, 2012 | in Background Check
When it comes to kids and their safety, there’s no such thing as too much information. Thanks to the network of parents, childcare providers and parenting experts around the world connected through the blogosphere, there’s also no shortage of it. Anyone looking for kids’ safety tips, lessons and helpful hints can find them easily through these thirty blogs, and others of their ilk.
While teaching kids water safety and brushing up on the guidelines for supervising children during water play tends to be something that most parents and caregivers only think of during the dog days of summer, when scorching heat sends kids in search of a way to cool off, summer isn’t the only time when water safety is important. Though these blogs feature pool and water play safety as a theme, it’s important to be vigilant when kids are around even small amounts of water, year round.
- Summer Water Safety
- Water Safety For Parents of Young Children
- Keeping Kids Safe in the Water
- Summer Water Safety Tips!
- Water Safety For Kids
Though no one wants to think about the prospect of being caught in house fire, parents, nannies and childcare providers simply must take the time to impart basic fire safety rules and lessons to their children and charges. These five blogs offer some helpful hints and tips for passing those lessons along to kids of all ages.
- Sparkles the Fire Safety Dog
- Home Fire Safety Update: Top Home Fire Safety Tips For Families With Kids
- Teaching Children Fire Safety
- Teaching Kids About Fire Safety
- Fire Safety Lessons to Teach Your Preschooler
As the childhood obesity epidemic becomes even more problematic for America’s youth, programs and initiatives designed to get kids off the couch and engaged in active play and organized sports have mounted a counterstrike. While keeping kids in shape is of vital importance, and sports is a great way to accomplish that goal, it’s important that safety come first.
- Kids, Sports and Safety
- Youth Sports Concussion Safety Center
- How to Set Up a Safe Sports Program For Kids: What You Need to Know
- Keep Sports Fun and Safe
- Lightning Safety Tips for Outdoor Sports
In a world of National Sex Offender Registries and television news specials chronicling real-life sting operations, it seems that parents can’t be too careful when it comes to Stranger Danger. Because the concept of instilling an inherent wariness around strangers in children has both proponents and detractors, here are five blogs on the subject from both ends of the spectrum.
- Teaching Kids Stranger Safety
- The Problem With Teaching Kids About Stranger Danger
- Is Stranger Danger Outdated?
- Teaching Stranger Danger
- Stranger Danger: A Parent’s Perspective
Parents today are forced to understand a set of safety rules and guidelines that their own parents never dreamed of: Internet safety. Keeping kids out of trouble online can be daunting, especially when kids aren’t quite sure how to keep themselves safe. These five blog entries can help you learn how and what to teach your kids about safe online practices.
- Facebook For Kids: Is it Such a Bad Idea?
- Keeping Kids Safe in a Digital World
- 10 Online Safety Tips For Kids and Families
- Blogging For Kids and Online Safety
- Keep Kids Safe Online!
The rising number of suicides in young teens has drawn visibility to the very real problem of bullying. Because part of keeping kids safe is ensuring that they understand how to treat one another, and how to react under the pressure of being bullied, here are five blogs that tackle the subject.
- Bullying Isn’t Just “Kids Being Kids”
- Bully Prevention: Helping Kids Cool Hot Tempers
- Bullying Prevention: Tips for Teacher, Principals and Parents
- 7 Bully Prevention Tips For Parents
- The Tender Years and Bully Prevention
Valuable information doesn’t only come from the blog entries themselves; often, parents and childcare providers will share their own advice and perspective in the comments section at the end of a post.← Avoiding Risk When Employing a Nanny | 7 Things Your Nanny Needs to Know About Your Child Custody Terms →
Run A Background Check Now
Fast, reliable & secure background checks are just a few clicks away.
Choose a plan & click to start your check at eNannySource.com
- How to Reject a Nanny Applicant Gracefully
- How to Monitor The Quality of Care Your Children Receive
- How to Check Up on Your Nanny When You Don’t Have Nanny Cams
- 10 Unwritten Playground Rules All Parents Should Follow
- 12 Tips for Keeping the Backyard Safe This Spring
- 10 Things Moms do That Could Get Them in Trouble with the Law
- How to Snoop on Your Kid While He’s Online
- 10 Reasons Parents Should Not Have Guns in the House
- 10 of the Most Important Things to Include in Your Nanny Contract
- 10 Signs a Nanny Candidate Might Be the Wrong Choice
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- May 2011