Parents looking to hire a nanny can feel a bit overwhelmed. Choosing the right childcare provider for your family is a big decision and there is a lot at stake. Gathering as much information as possible about a nanny candidate empowers you to make an educated hiring decision. The more information you know about a nanny, the more informed your hiring decision will be.
There are many ways to gather information about a nanny candidate. Job applications, checking references, conducting criminal records searching and pulling a nanny’s credit report and doing an Internet search of the nanny’s name are all ways to gather information. The more tools a parent uses, the more information can be obtained.
There are several different types of background checks parents can conduct on a potential nanny. Below you’ll find links to pages in our Nanny Background Check Guide that explains what each search is and why it is relevant.
- Nanny Background Checks – Learn 10 important reasons to conduct a background check on a potential nanny.
- Nanny Character Reference – Learn 10 ways to find out about a nanny’s character.
- Nanny Drving Record Check – Learn 5 things to consider when conducting a nanny driving record check.
- Nanny Consumer Credit Report – Learn 10 reasons to run a credit check on a nanny job applicant.
- Nanny State Criminal Record Check – Learn 10 reasons to search for criminal records by state before hiring a nanny.
- Nanny Federal Criminal Record Check – Learn 10 reasons a federal criminal records search is an important part of a nanny’s pre-employment screening.
- Nanny Misdemeanor Criminal Record Check – Learn 10 reasons why checking to see if a nanny has misdemeanors on her record is critical.
- Nanny Employment Verification – Learn 10 tips for verifying a nanny’s prior employment.
- Nanny Landlord Verification – Learn 10 reasons it makes sense to use a nanny’s landlord as a reference.
- Nanny Education Verification – Learn 10 tips for verifying a nanny’s education, credentials and licenses.
- Nanny Social Security Trace – Learn 10 reasons why conducting a social security number trace on a potential nanny is essential.
- Nanny Federal Civil Record Check – Learn 10 reasons to run a federal civil record check on a nanny candidate.
- Nanny Sex Offender Registry – Learn 10 facts about the sex offender registry you can use during your nanny screening.
- Nanny Background Checks and the Law – Learn 10 things you need to know prior to conducting a background search on a nanny.
- Nanny County Criminal Record Check – Learn 10 important things a county criminal record check can reveal about a potential nanny.
Run A Background Check Now
Fast, reliable & secure background checks are just a few clicks away.
Choose a plan & click to start your check at eNannySource.com
- How to Reject a Nanny Applicant Gracefully
- How to Monitor The Quality of Care Your Children Receive
- How to Check Up on Your Nanny When You Don’t Have Nanny Cams
- 10 Unwritten Playground Rules All Parents Should Follow
- 12 Tips for Keeping the Backyard Safe This Spring
- 10 Things Moms do That Could Get Them in Trouble with the Law
- How to Snoop on Your Kid While He’s Online
- 10 Reasons Parents Should Not Have Guns in the House
- 10 of the Most Important Things to Include in Your Nanny Contract
- 10 Signs a Nanny Candidate Might Be the Wrong Choice
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- May 2011