10 Reasons You’ll Never Be a Nanny for Me
October 19, 2011 | in Background Check
The decision to hire a Nanny came with much personal and family consideration. Upon arriving at the decision, there were a host of qualifying objectives and details that I needed to feel secure about in a prospective hire. You, I’m afraid, didn’t make the grade, here’s why:
- No References (or the lack of attainable references) It’s odd to me that all those families that you worked for in former years are either dead or have moved to Antarctica.
- Certifications You are not certified in First Aid or CPR. While I don’t expect you to have the medical credentials of an ER Doctor, it would be nice if you could pull a splinter if the event indicated as such.
- Distracted Your cell phone kept ringing during our meeting. From there, I could only imagine that you would be equally distracted while tending to my children.
- Communication Gap Your grasp of the language used in my home is inadequate. This compromises our ability to communicate effectively with you as well as your ability to communicate with our children.
- Demanding You presented a firm list of all the things that you refuse to do, ahead of all the things that this job requires you to do. While I appreciate your candid approach, I feel that you believe that I need you more than you need this position.
- Finance Focused You are fixated upon the hourly rate and, equally so, upon the possibility of a raise–before you’ve even been hired.
- Inflexible Schedule You tried to negotiate your employable hours which suit your own personal needs rather than accepting the hours that the position requires.
- Personal Issues You referred to your psychotherapist as ‘Dave’, which leads me to believe that you’ve had excessive needs for a long period of time.
- Driver’s License You don’t possess a valid driver’s license.
- Lack of Experience You have no practical experience with children and will, therefore, probably have undue difficulty comprehending their needs that are separate of a schedule or task.
I wish you the best in your search for Nanny employment, but I’m quite satisfied to state that you will not be practicing in my home, with my family.← Background Checks for Mannies 101 | 10 Reasons Parents Send Sick Kids to School →
Run A Background Check Now
Fast, reliable & secure background checks are just a few clicks away.
Choose a plan & click to start your check at eNannySource.com
- How to Reject a Nanny Applicant Gracefully
- How to Monitor The Quality of Care Your Children Receive
- How to Check Up on Your Nanny When You Don’t Have Nanny Cams
- 10 Unwritten Playground Rules All Parents Should Follow
- 12 Tips for Keeping the Backyard Safe This Spring
- 10 Things Moms do That Could Get Them in Trouble with the Law
- How to Snoop on Your Kid While He’s Online
- 10 Reasons Parents Should Not Have Guns in the House
- 10 of the Most Important Things to Include in Your Nanny Contract
- 10 Signs a Nanny Candidate Might Be the Wrong Choice
- September 2013
- August 2013
- June 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- May 2011